PE pipes have become the preferred pipes for replacing […]
PE pipes have become the preferred pipes for replacing steel with plastics in the municipal water supply industry. What are the advantages?
Polyethylene pipes overcome the shortcomings of galvanized pipes and cast iron pipes, such as easy rust, scaling, bacteria breeding, and short life. It has the characteristics of reliable quality, safe operation, convenient maintenance, and low cost, especially the hot melt of polyethylene water supply pipes. The process is more suitable for directly buried and concealed pipelines, and effectively solves the leakage problem of joints. Its pipe diameter ranges from dn25, dn63, dn100, dn160, dn200, dn315, dn400 to dn500, dn630.
Analysis of the characteristics of PE pipes
1. Excellent physical properties. Polyethylene pipes can not only maintain the rigidity and strength of high-density polyethylene, but also have good flexibility and creep resistance, and higher-density polyethylene has good hot-melt connection performance, which is conducive to the installation of plastic pipes.
2. Anti-corrosion, no scaling. Polyethylene water supply pipe is a kind of polymer material with non-polar structure. It has the advantages of anti-acid and alkali corrosion, no rust, no scaling, no aging, no breeding of microorganisms, no odor, etc. It is an ideal water supply pipe.
3. Good toughness and flexibility. Polyethylene pipe is a kind of high toughness pipe, which has strong adaptability to uneven settlement, dislocation and deformation of pipe foundation. Practice at home and abroad has proved that PE pipe is the pipe with the best seismic performance.
4. The circulation is large and economical. The inner wall of the polyethylene pipe is smooth and free of dirt. Compared with metal pipes, PE pipes can reduce project investment by about one-third, and can coil small-diameter pipes to further reduce project costs.
5. Convenient connection, simple construction and various methods. The PE pipe body is light in weight, easy to carry, easy to weld, and few welded joints. When the pipeline is long, it can be laid by coil. The requirements for PE pipe trenches are much lower than those for steel pipe trenches. And in the case of limited construction conditions, electrofusion welding can be used.
6. Light weight. Only one-tenth of the steel pipe, which greatly reduces the construction intensity of workers and reduces the cost of mechanical hoisting.
7. Long life, easy to recycle. Polyethylene pipes have a service life of up to 50 years, are easy to recycle, and do not produce any substances that have an impact on the environment. The technology is maturing and developing.
8. It has strong adaptability to foundation changes. Polyethylene pipe is a kind of high-toughness pipe. Its elongation at break is generally above 50%. It has strong adaptability to uneven settlement of the pipe base, and has good resistance to foundation settlement and end load.
9. Easy to maintain, can be maintained and installed without stopping water and gas. Easy to maintain, can be maintained and installed without stopping water and gas.
10. Has good resistance to stress cracking. The cut sensitivity of the polyethylene pipe is low, the environmental stress resistance is outstanding, and the low temperature impact resistance is good.