1. “Touch”: Whether the texture is fine and the particl […]
1. “Touch”: Whether the texture is fine and the particles are even. Nowadays, PP-R pipes mainly have white, gray and green colors. Under normal circumstances, recycled plastics can't be white, so consumers tend to think that white is the best. In fact, this view is one-sided. As technology updates increase, color is not the standard for identifying PP-R pipes. The quality of the pipe is not able to solve the problem. Touching it, the coarse particles are likely to be mixed with other impurities.
2. "Smell": There is no smell. The main material of the PP-R pipe is polypropylene. The good pipe has no odor, and the poor one has a strange smell. It is likely to be blended with polyethylene instead of polypropylene.
3. “Pinch”: The PP-R pipe has a considerable hardness, and it is possible to pinch the deformed pipe, which is certainly not a PP-R pipe.
4. “Pound”: Good PP-R pipe, “rebound” is good, too easy to chop is not a good PP-R pipe. However, the hardness is not equal to the elasticity. If the PP-R pipe is not broken, consumers should leave doubts. Because some unscrupulous manufacturers increase the hardness of the pipe by adding too much impurities such as calcium carbonate, such a pipe is prone to brittle cracking for a long time.
5. "burning": Ignite and burn, it is very intuitive and very useful. The PP-R pipe, which is mixed with recycled plastic and other impurities, emits black smoke and has a pungent odor. After burning, the good material will not emit black smoke or odor, and the liquid melted after burning will remain clean.