I believe that many people who have experience in home […]
I believe that many people who have experience in home improvement have already learned about the PPR pipe. It is mainly used in water supply facilities at home. In fact, the ppr pipe is also very fragile at low temperatures. Without some good protective measures, it is easy to cause cracking. How to prevent the cracking of the PPR pipe?
How to avoid cold and brittle fracture of PPR pipe in practical application
Answer: 1) PPR pipe is strictly prohibited from being thrown, thrown, rolled or towed during the handling process;
2) Pipes are required to be stored in warehouses and simple sheds, and the stacking height should not exceed 1.5m.
3) In the process of construction, we must:
3.1) PPR pipe is lower in hardness and rigidity than metal pipe, and should be protected during handling and construction to avoid mechanical damage caused by improper external force. After the dark coating, the pipe position should be marked to avoid damage to the pipeline due to the secondary decoration.
3.2) PPR pipe has a certain low temperature brittleness below 5 °C. Be careful when constructing in winter. Cut the pipe slowly with a sharp tool. The installed pipelines should not be stressed or struck, and if necessary, covered with protective parts.
3.3) Before the pipe is cut, if the pipe is found to be white due to external force, the pipe cannot be used.
3.4) Before piping the hot melt connection, carefully check whether the pipe has been damaged. Especially the inner wall, because the pipe is broken first when it is subjected to an external force, and then to the outside. Avoid using tubing whose inner wall has broken but the outer pipe is not broken.
3.5) After the pipeline is installed, it must be pressure tested before direct burial and non-direct burying. The pressure test pressure of the cold water pipe is 1.5 times of the working pressure of the system, but not less than 0.9 MPa; the test pressure of the hot water pipe is twice the working pressure, but not less than 1.2 MPa.
5. The phenomenon associated with it
1) The pipe was found to be cracked during the home decoration process.
2) The PPR pipe was found to have a pipe rupture when it was buried.
3) The PPR pipe has a linear crack at the time of pressure test or after a period of use.
4) The PP-R cracks in the pipe welded in the pipe after a period of use.